Welcome to our blog! Feel free to look around and visit often. This is where I will post teaser pictures from your sessions and new information and announcements from Lenscapes Photography, LLC. I am located in Kent, CT- that's in Northwest, Connecticut! Contact me if you are interested in booking a session.

I hope you enjoy looking at the photos I share, I just ask that you please do not try to save my photos to your computer. They are watermarked with our business name for a reason. We own the copyright to our photographs. If you are still unsure what that means...

please take a moment to read here.

Feel free to leave a blog comment, we enjoy reading them and sharing them with our customers.

Hope to see you soon!

If you're on facebook, please become a fan of Lenscapes photography here

Thanks,

Melissa Cherniske

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Perfect Weather?

So the summer of 2009 is shaping up to be an unpredictable weather event. Actually you can bet on at least one rainstorm daily if you want and you'd probably be a winner. My scheduled session for today was postponed to Monday and yet the weather man said today was supposed to be PERFECT. What was I going to do with my early evening. Shoot my own family? Well they're pretty sick of me.... So I put out a call on facebook for anyone who wanted to shoot tonight at 4PM. Less then a minute later "C" and her family answered my call and we had a date!!! Blueberry picking and photos it is. LOVE IT!!!!

The "B" family was a ton of fun and we chatted our way through fun photos, mushing in the mud to get "the" shot, and then picking blueberries and eating enough to fill our tummies.


10 comments:

Jenna said...

Lovely images. You've been rocking these sessions out of the park...I'm just in LOVE with #1...love the light you found...keep up the great sessions...LOVE THEM!!!

JClegg said...

I really LOVE that second shot. It's gorgeous! The family shot is fantastic too. Great work!

Anonymous said...

How could anyone resist some berry picking? I love the family shot!

Gillian said...

I'm always soooooo jealous of photogs who have great locations! These are awesome!! Fantastic captures!

Katherine said...

What a great client you have to schedule a last minute session. These turned out great. Where's the mud and blueberries, I was looking forward to seeing some muddy feet.

EC said...

Katherine took the words right out of my mouth. Spontaneity is awesome and it's wonderful that you have a client who can respond like that! Mud and blueberries sounds like a lot of fun. Great shots, Mel!!

Unknown said...

I love these photos! Great job and very nice looking family!

Kat said...

Great images, I need to call you and schedule an appointment for our yearly photos to prepare for holidays...hope you still have an opening for me.

Kat

Mary said...

So much to love about this shot - the texture of the rocks contrasts with the smoothness of his skin. Great expression in his eyes.

~Jen~ said...

The the natural feel of these images! So relaxed and happy.