Welcome to our blog! Feel free to look around and visit often. This is where I will post teaser pictures from your sessions and new information and announcements from Lenscapes Photography, LLC. I am located in Kent, CT- that's in Northwest, Connecticut! Contact me if you are interested in booking a session.

I hope you enjoy looking at the photos I share, I just ask that you please do not try to save my photos to your computer. They are watermarked with our business name for a reason. We own the copyright to our photographs. If you are still unsure what that means...

please take a moment to read here.

Feel free to leave a blog comment, we enjoy reading them and sharing them with our customers.

Hope to see you soon!

If you're on facebook, please become a fan of Lenscapes photography here

Thanks,

Melissa Cherniske

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The "A" Family

I've known the "A" family since I was 4 years old! As years go on and life gets busy we all go in different directions but it does seem like cyclically we reconnect every couple years. Whether it be in Home Depot, a coffee shop, facebook, grocery shopping I've bumped into members of this family here and there along the years. Facebook really has helped those relationships reconnect in the last year or two and when I heard from "R" that she was deploying again I knew I wanted to do something special for her to make her time go by faster. She said she didn't really need anything in particular so it made the challenge even greater. It came to me late one night that I'm also friends with her big sister "T" and that maybe she'd be up to an Operation Love Reunited photo shoot. She was and it all came together PERFECTLY!!!



So "R" if your reading this (and don't think I don't have eyes on the back of my head and know if you've read it) SURPRISE and happy almost BIRTHDAY!!! We miss you and pray for your safe homecoming on a daily basis. Thanks for helping protect our country. Next time we do this you WILL be in these photos!!!

For those of you that don't know, I'll be sending "R" an album of the images we shot today that she can keep near and dear to her heart through her deployment.

If you have a loved one that is being deployed, is deployed, or is returning home from deployment and are interested in finding out more about this amazing organization I belong to email me or if you aren't in my part of the country visit http://www.oplove.org/


"T" and family I'll email you again when your gallery is complete. Thanks for making it possible to give this to "R". It really makes me happy to be able to give her something she will really enjoy!

To see more images by Lenscapes Photography LLC please visit http://lenscapes-photo.com/


TIP:
When you are going to hang a picture and measuring where to put the nails, instead of guessing, scraping up your walls or redoing it 15 times, apply a small dap of toothpaste to the middle of each hanging bracket and ...then line up the bottom of the pic evenly on the wall and tilt the picture back till the paste touches the walls. Pull the picture off and voila! perfect nail targets....

To see photo wall examples that may help you in deciding what prints and which sizes to order visit

http://www.mrcphotodesign.com/pf/

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous photos, gorgeous family and AMAZING gift to this service woman. Special thanks to the family and service woman for making this sacrifice to protect our country!

Vanessa

Grandma said...

Happy almost B-Day "R" and here's to a safe return!

Your friends, teachers and loved ones are praying for your safety. Thank you for your service!

Jane & Ted

Gillian said...

How beautiful! Awesomes captures of a beautiful family.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing. These will be so special. They are beautiful.

Emery Roth said...

Happy Birthday R and hurry home. Hi, T. Your family is lovely and your daughter looks just like you.

Tyjuana Hill-Smith said...

What a pefect gift!!!

~Jen~ said...

super captures! the last one is my fav!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much! The pictures are beautiful, they've actually got me tearing up a little. I look forward to sitting in on the next session :)
-R

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! They are beautiful, I'm actually tearing up a little over them, the kids look so grown up! I look forward to sitting in the next session :)

-R